1. Get the link to your RSS feed from your blog. ie.. www.duncanwierman.com/blog/feed
2. Sign up with bit.ly (to shorten your URLs) and have the API key handy.
3. Sing up for TwitterFeed. Put the RSS feeds into TwitterFeed which will automatically and periodically update your Twitter account according to the frequency you set.
4. Set the URL shortener option with bit.ly API within TwitterFeed. It also allows you to prefix or suffix 20 characters for your tweet.
5. You are good to go now, Twitterfeed will automatically send tweets to your Twitter account
6. You open a free Hootsuite account (Twitterfeed will be able to connect with Hootsuite) – Plus, Hootsuite allows you to schedule future status updates so that you not only post links, but also RTs, comments, etc. I understand you should not only just send posts and links but make it a 2 way channel
7. You open a free account in Ping.fm to include your Facebook personal profile, Facebook fan page, LinkedIn profile and over 40 other Social Media sites
8. Only for Twitter: You open a free account in SocialOomph – schedule here automatic welcome messages to new followers… Plus, SocialOomp will send you by e-mail a summary of mentions, so that you can respond to them, thank people who RT your posts, etc…. you can then do this scheduling responses to them via Hootsuite
That’s it. You will now never have to manually update your social media sites. That increases your visibility but be sure to have content that is great.