I just discovered a new way to automate our Twitter responses. Here’s how to make it work:
How to Set Up a Twitter Auto-Responder
1. Create a Twitter App
- Sign into dev.twitter.com with your Twitter account. Create a new app, add a website and a callback URL (http://www.google.com/script) and then write a description.
- Click the settings tab and select Read and Write for the Application Type. To save your work, click Update.
- Then head over to the OAuth tool tab and write down the Consumer Secret and Consumer Key.
2. Create an Auto-Responder Script
- Go to script.google.com. Select File -> Make a copy to copy and paste the auto-responder script in Google Drive.
- Choose the beginning and ending days for when you’ll be away. Also enter the Twitter app keys and your Twitter handle.
- Next, click on Run -> Start to initialize the auto-responder. If asked to authorize access to Google Script services, click on Yes.
- Select Run -> Start again, which will prompt an “Authorization Required” box. Give authorization for the script to connect to your Twitter account, and your Twitter auto-responder is now complete.
Not so hard, is it? Post a comment to tell us how your experience was