On-Page SEO is VERY Important to the Search Engines to give you the best ranking. Search engine’s (Google, BING) main objective is to provide the user with the most relevant content. You can help the search engines do this and get rewarded by being placed higher in the search engines.
Enter Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI)
LSI is simply an algorithm (mathematical formula) that is trying to understand the relationships between certain words in a paragraph. LSI will then take the paragraphs in the document then look for the relationships between the pages and your web site theme(s). Ultimately latent semantic indexing will become a part of the process that defines your website in relation to an overall topic within its search base.
LSI has changed the way that search engines provide results to those who are searching for information on a given topic or theme. Put simply LSI gives the search engines the ability to provide its users with a more relevant list of options to choose from.
So how does it affect you?
LSI technology principals is used to tag your content as ‘too focused’, ‘not diverse enough’, ‘too repetitive’. Either way it may not be considered good enough to be served to a potential search engine user.
You have probably heard many times that search engine optimization (SEO) is very important. Yes, it is, but the old days of getting hundreds of backlinks to your site, or pinging or sending out an RSS feeds to get better rankings are gone. On-Page SEO is required now more than ever.
So what is good On-Page SEO and what does it require:
- A good keyword! You must optimize your keyword(s)
- Your keyword must appear in the URL (domain name)
- Your keyword must appear in the title.
- Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page.
- You must use your keyword in the headlines of your articles* Use three” H” tags in your article, (H1,H2,H3) H1 tag means Headline 1 , H2 Tag means Headline # 2 , and of course H3 would mean Headline # 3
- You also must in part of your post use bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization.
- The content on the page should have a keyword density of 2-3% with relevant LSI
- Your keyword should use related alt tags
- Have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword
- There should also be one internal link to a page on your blog
I realize that’s a lot to remember and implement. You are a real estate investor after all. Sure you can hire someone to do this for you, but it’s going to cost you a lot of money.
There is good news for those who don’t want to spend countless hours with the on-page SEO. You can easily automate all of the boring and tedious tasks quickly and easily, saving HOURS of your time while boosting your site to the top of the Search Engine Rankings!
Watch this 6 minute video for more information on this WordPress Plugin at: WP SEO AUTOMATION