Focus On Great Content!
The Google Penguin 2.0 Update of the Penguin webspam algorithm was released Thrusday, May/22/2013 and the rollout is complete. Google has updated the Famed Penguin update 3 times in the past, but this is the first change to the algorithm and why it has been dubbed the Google Penguin 2.0 Update. As usual Google, and Matt Cutts are pretty vague about what they are really changing.
Google Penguin 2.0 Update Summary
As you can watch in the video below:
- Matt starts off reminding everyone that if you build a quality site, with great content you will be rewarded. THIS IS WHY LANDING PAGE ONLY SITES SUCK!
- Penguin 2.0 will have a deeper impact on web spam than did Penguin 1.0.
- Paying for an ad space just for SEO benefit will be affected. (In other words sites that are charging a fee for you to place a link on their site just for the purpose of SEO)
- Better detection of Hacked sites, and better communication with the owner of hacked sites.
- Doing a better job of recognizing when someone is an Authority in a particular niche or space. WHY YOU MUST PROVIDE GOOD CONTENT – AND NOT A TEMPLATE REAL ESTATE SITE WITHOUT CHANGING IT!
- Help for legitimate sites that may have been hit by Panda… which is being penalized for having links on low quality websites.
- Less likely to see multiple clusters of the same website.
- Work on getting more information in general to website owners.